Google calendar

Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Jolly Holly Jog

I got up early on Sunday morning to get myself to Thirsk so I could get picked up to go to the Jolly Holly jog at Ripon. I got down to the Crown and Anchor carpark and I was first to turn up for a change then Hillary turned up and few min later John, Nicky, Liz and Leanne the only other person we were waiting for was Becky who was late we waited 10 min before we all decided to leave. We got to Ripon about 10.20 am. Which didn’t give me much time to think I didn’t want to do the race but just enough time to get ready get my number and chip and to get to the start. It was a very cold morning so I had my base line on a t-shirt and my vest. The race started and within the first few minutes I got warmed up. It was 2 minutes before I crossed the line and then there was a bottleneck as we ran out of the field but it soon spread out we left the field and went down this icy lane which was bad in places and I ran on the grass verge, we headed up some more hills over the grass, slipping about on the mud going through the wood around lake, up more hills which was a different course to the first time I did this race which was in 2006 by the 5th mile I started to slow down and my legs were shot I was happy when I finished. I enjoyed my first race back after been injured since Feb and I just treated it as a training run and didn’t even bring my watch as I forgot to pick it up and put in my bag and left it on sofa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment