Google calendar

Tuesday 13 January 2015

First parkrun at Fountain abbey




I was up nice and early this morning got my little job out of the way then I got sorted for the park run because Jenny was coming to pick me up at 8.15am. I didn’t know which one I was going to do as Jenny was going to make a decision. She choose Fountain Abbey near Ripon, we got there for 8.45am I got changed went to the toilet and left my bag in the out building near the start they did the health and safety brief and then the race started, which was one small loop and then and long loop around the abbey and the lake up a big hill which I can say I ran both laps without walking  up any hill the only bit where I slowed down  was when I crossed the wood bridge near to the end of the second lap, I had a nice strong finish even though I said I was going to have a jog but it turned out to be a race against myself and I kept my pace at 9.35min per mile I wanted to try and get under 30min which I managed on my first park run all the gym work must be paying off 

No comments:

Post a Comment