Google calendar

Sunday 1 November 2009

The Time Trial

With no training on Monday I was glad of the rest after doing the cross country on the Sunday and rest again on the Tuesday so I should be on top form for the time trial. I got to the club on Wednesday and it was warm up run to the train station at Merv’s pace so I was tired before I had even started. I started off and I ran at comfortable pace all the way down to Lidl supermarket hoping to catch Lydia or Marian but I couldn’t catch either one of them. But on the way back to the train station I had to put a lot of effort in to catch Marian up. Marian did set off 1.30 before me so I had a lot time to make up but I over took her just before the train station. I then nearly got wiped out by Gavin and Cameron turning the corner into train station as they were setting off coming out of the train station and thought Lydia had beaten me but found that she was 1 minute behind me which made me happy I did it in 18.30 I was 1 minute slower than in March of this year I did enjoy doing the time trial the other way for a change. I went out on Friday and did some hill work on sandy bank I ran up the hill 10 time with a recover jog down every time for 20 minutes on the footpath from the lamp post to the top of the hill, my legs were hurting me and knew they had done some hill work. I was just getting some practice for the rest of the cross country. I went out on Sunday just for 3 mile flat run in the rain and the wind, the wind was been behind me for the first part of the run and made it slightly harder on the way home I did it in 30 minutes which I was happy with and glad to get out for a change. My cycling as been just 20 mile for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment