Google calendar

Sunday 28 March 2010

Stiff as old boots

After the weekend of hard training and racing I was wanting an easy week so there was no double training. I just went to the club where we did a warm and then we got into teams of 3, we ran across the gym doing a pyramid of 3, 5, 3. We then did two circuits in teams of two and there was one exercise where we had to balance on one foot and throw a ball and clap before the ball came back to you. I was very stiff on Tuesday so I had a rest. Back to the club on Wednesday we did a warm up with skipping and stride outs, we then did 3 sets of circuits. I teamed up with Steve Booth and Noal Clough what a nightmare they never shut up saying come on you can do more and you are not putting much effort in. I think we just had some slow runners when we came to the hard exercises like press ups, star jumps and the plank then we did 3, 5, 3 with 2 minutes rest between each set and 1 minutes fast in each set. I was doing 6 half lengths in each minute and on the faster minutes I was trying to do 7 lengths but only managed 6 ¾ lengths. We then stopped before the end because there was too many people slipping over on the floor and injurying themselves. Rest on Thursday. I went for a run on Friday with Lorraine we ran the Brompton loop which is 4 miles I enjoyed the run out for a change which took us 40 minutes. I then went out on Saturday night did a speed session down South Parade between the lamp posts where I ran every two lamp posts faster and then did a recovery jog in between each set of lamp posts then I ran faster from the first to the last lamppost on South Parade just to see what speed I am at and I am going to try and improve on my time every month just to see if I am getting any faster. I went out on Sunday and did the Mowbray loop which is 3 miles I took my watch out with me and I was 2 minutes slower than when I have done that course in the past maybe because it was the wind and I surprised myself I didn’t struggle with the hill. Which takes my running to 8.6 miles and the count down to 882.8 miles

week 11

Monday - Morning: 3 mile steady Evenings: Club
Tuesday - Rest or Cross Train – rest
Wednesday - Morning: 4 miles steady off road Evening : Club
Thursday - 4 mile steady - rest
Friday - 4 mile steady – 4 miles
Saturday - 3 mile steady – speed session
Sunday - 8 miles steady – 3 miles

Lamppost on South Parade
1st set
33s
47s
45s
46s
2nd set
26s
45s
43s
46s
Every 2 lamppost

No comments:

Post a Comment