Google calendar

Sunday 4 April 2010

The 10 minutes speed session

After the quiet week last week I was feeling refreshed and ready to go to training on Monday night we did the warm with skipping and back flips. We got into teams of 3 where we did a pyramid 1, 3. 5, 7, 5, 3, 1 running up and down the gym. I was in a team with Emma and Bob we then did two circuits where I team up with Sonja, I struggled on the 90s exercise so I did some leg cycles instead and found that I hadn’t been doing them right so Sonja made me put each leg out straight which was the right way and it hurt my stomach muscles. Rest on Tuesday. It was the return of the Easter handicap cross country, I set off with Richard Ian and Eileen I was in front going through the wood until I hit the field, I got overtaken by all three of my group and had the wind for company all the way down one side of the field it them took me all of the first lap to catch Marian up. When I was going back through the wood I slowed down and jogged to get my breath back and found a gap to pass her before Steve Harrison had chance to pass both of us I then hit the wind for the second time and caught Bob up but couldn’t catch Eileen up my time was 19:19 I felt good and could have done another lap. Rest on Thursday. More training on Friday with a 3.1 miles run down to Sainsbury's and back home the long way around taking me down east road around Grammar school lane on to Thirsk road and up Mill Hill Lane and home with another 4 mile on the Friday. I did a circuit of Romanby and back home which took me 38:30 which I was running 9:37 minutes miles I then had a early morning run pencilled in for Sunday because I was going down to Thirsk to see my mum but it turned out to be a 10 minute speed session just on valley road between three of the lamppost with one been a recover jog. Which takes my running to 9.3 and the countdown to 877.5 miles

My time between the lampposts on Valley road

1st 36s
2nd 40s
3rd 33s
4th 42s
5th 33s
6th 42s


week 12

Monday - Morning: 3 mile steady Evenings: Club
Tuesday - Rest or Cross Train
Wednesday - Morning: 4 miles steady off road Evening : Club
Thursday - 4 mile steady
Friday - 4 mile steady
Saturday - 3 mile steady
Sunday - 8 miles steady

No comments:

Post a Comment