Google calendar

Monday 18 February 2013

The hard week of marathon training. Week 8 of the training plan Diary





The key statement there is "when you put your mind too it" you are a much better runner than you think you are!! You need to start and believe in yourself and then you will see the times improving. You are doing really well keep focused on the training!! From Paul Goacher who is  helping me my training

Monday Club with Sonja

I went down to the Thirsk School were the running club meet on Monday night. I now expect a hard session now on Monday night so we did a Warm up with jogging and drills then we got into group of 4 and did a four station core workout. Which include plank running step donkey kick and medicine ball hamstring exercise which is hard to do. Sonja set us  a challenge on last set we had to try and beat each other and try and do more than the last person did  we did a cool down and some stretching off

Tuesday 4 miles Target time 42min 

I decide to had a rest instead because I had been at work and was busy on Tuesday night

Wednesday Club with Rob

I went down to Thirsk School where we meet on Wednesday night. We had a run around to warm up and then young Jack did some warm up drill before we start the circuits were we had 13 station which include the usual plank star jump press up and sit up. I then went outside where we did 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1 with a 1 min rest in between each set it had been snowing and was a cold my Avg pace was 9.38 min/miles

Thursday Rest

I took unplanned rest on Tuesday so I had to do 4 miles run on Tuesday with in my target time of 42min. So I went out on tea time for my run on the footpath around Northallerton I did manage to get under my target time again my avg pace was 9.24min/miles my time was 37.36

Friday 10 x 10 min with 2 min rest

I went out on Friday afternoon for my speed session where I ran for 10min and cover just over a miles in each 10min after my all important 2min rest did feel like give up after the 4th 10min because this marathon training is get harder every week I did manage to cover 10.96 that is include 0.3 miles warm my avg pace was 10.02min/miles I was goose by the end of the session

Saturday 3 miles Target time 30min

I went out on Saturday evening after wind people up on Facebook say I CBA just to do 3 miles on the flat on the footpath around Northallerton. My time was 28.08 my avg pace 9.22min/miles

Sunday 10 miles Target time 1 hrs 52 min

I spoke to Paul who is helping with my marathon training to see if I could do the cross country instead of my 10 miles training and he said that was ok so I went to Richmond cross country this afternoon where the other runner from the club were surprise to see me because I haven’t done a race since last year. So back to the course we had to do 1 small lap and 3 long lap which was a killer especial doing the long hill time and I felt like give up after the second lap but I manage to dig in and keep run and got a PB the condition where good not to muddy but there was a bit where it slipped my time was 60.07 which was 5 min faster than in 2010 I enjoy doing something different than running the footpath every week around Northallerton

No comments:

Post a Comment