Google calendar

Sunday 26 May 2013

Tyre training



I went to the running club on Monday night, as usual we did a warm up with some running and some jumping jacks which I can’t do, we also did some high knee and back flips and more jumping jacks, then we walked back. We then got into abilities groups and did a relay of some running 200m having a 30sec rest and ran back and having 1.30 min rest we did this 6 times. I was with Brian but he went too fast so I ran with John and his son which was the right pace not too fast because my left legs, hips and back was hurting me from running the marathon over a month ago. Sonja got the tyre back out and we had a go at pulling them about 200 metres having rest in between, we then finished with some stretching and I couldn’t walk or bend my back after tonight’s hard training session so I was thinking “do I missed the evening league race at Harrogate or do I go and see how I get on.” So on Tuesday morning I got up took some tablets and the pain in the back eased so I decided to go to the race. After the race on Tuesday night I didn’t feel like do anything or even going training on Wednesday night I did try and think of a excuse but none came to mind so off I went training we did 6x3min with 1 half minute rest I struggled tonight for a change was doing good before the marathon and now I am at the back and going slow again we finished with some stretching off. I haven’t done much this week other than a bike ride today around Scholla, Bullamoor and back home yes that’s right I went up the nice big hill for a change and free wheeled down Bullamoor Road which was good I could have a rest. I spoke to my coach who helped me my last marathon training plan and I asked him to do one for the York marathon for me it starts in June and I am only starting by running 4 days a week for first month to build my training running back up I am going to do a few more race and maybe do some of training run on the nice flat hill in Northallerton so I will be blogging and moan about that soon don’t what the training plan is yet I think it top secret at the minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment