Google calendar

Friday 24 May 2013

Harrogate race on Tuesday night



I got a lift with the Swaledale runners as I live in Northallerton and the bus doesn’t cost anything, as couldn’t remember doing this race and I missed 2 years, the last time I did the race was in 2007 and didn’t like it with the amount of hills at the start they should ban them. The race started and not 5 seconds into the race I nearly got tripped up luckily I stayed upright I got a few more yards and got tripped up by a Wetherby runner I went over and bang my knee only thing was I didn’t know how bad it was until I finished anyway that slowed me down for about 1 and a half miles until the pain eased which by this time Sarah Goacher had caught up with me and ran with me all the way around giving me a run for my money over taking on some the downhill and on one or two of the uphills but I managed to push myself to stay with her all the way around and I ran down the last hill as fast as I could just so Sarah didn’t beat me. After finishing the race the marshal at the end insisted that I get my knee seen to by the Red Cross as it looked worse than it was, so the Red Cross attempted to clean the cut up took my details and bandaged me knee up which I thought was O.T.T. and then asked if I wanted the paperwork and I said no so they sent me on my way. (photo to follow) I think I am starting to get my MOJO back slowly may do a run on Sunday as I have done 3 training sessions this week, most I have done since the marathon. My time was a minute slower than back in 2007. My time was 63.57

No comments:

Post a Comment