Google calendar

Monday 20 May 2013

No Mojo for the last 3 weeks




Since doing the London Marathon I haven’t done much in the way of running. I have done a few club training nights, I think two on Monday and one on Wednesday night. The first Monday night training was a week after I did the marathon so I just did a few laps of the football pitch with Chris who also did the marathon. I came on the Wednesday night where we did a warm up as usual then onto 4x4 min interval sessions, I was still stiff and stopped once, I got back to where I started which was the worst thing to do when Gavin is around he shouted at me to put more effort in and to run over the pain it must have worked because I seemed to put more  effort in and got a lot faster towards the end. I have only done one race since doing the marathon which was the evening league at Otley, it was a 2 lap course which I didn’t do too bad on the first lap then I struggled on the second lap with my left leg stiffened up completely and by the finish it had felt I had run another marathon so I passed on the Ripon 10 miles on Sunday 19th April was going to do it and then changed my mind. The only other running I did was last Monday’s training which was harder than usual, did the  warm up then we did some relay running for 20 min and thanks to Mark another club runner came up with some daft exercise at the end that we had to do 2 sets of each exercise for 30 sec we finished with some cool down and stretches. Then I have had  a lazy week and done no more running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment