Google calendar

Monday 13 January 2014

Yorkshire Cross country



I got my butt kicked by another runner on New Years Day so I took myself out for a run just around Northallerton I managed 4 miles I also did a 20 min jog on Friday just to loosen the legs off ready for Saturday afternoon cross country. I was looking forward to this race why I don’t know but I seem to have got my motivation back so I organised to get a lift with Martyn Coy from Northallerton the only problem was we set off a bit late we still made it to Light Water Valley on time before our race started so it was 1 small loop and 4 long loop which to me looked a bit too much but hey ho what did I know as I left my Garmin in my bag in the car so couldn’t measure the course but I had my stop watch so I could at least see how long it would take me. The afternoon was dry at least couldn’t say that for the ground it was very wet, slippery and boggy in most places there were a few dry spots but blink and you would miss them. I was told another lie that there was one hill in the race only thing was you had to do 5 times what wasn't too bad but this person forgot to tell about the other hill on the course. My first 3 laps were OK and on target for me to get around 70min for a 10km run only to find out from a few other runners that it turned out to be 7 half miles and I thought I got another lap to do my legs were about ready to give up but thought I most plough on and finish the race but then my legs just hit the wall and I just thought I can’t do this any more and was ready to give up and not bother with the last loop but these two lasses stopped me from giving up and ran with me for a bit and made sure I ran the full course and the rest of harriers waited for me and to finish. All I am going to say is that was the hardest race I done for a long time.


A few people keep asking me what my plan is for this year I haven’t given it much thought apart from trying to complete the squat challenge and the #LETJOG14 you ask what this is all about it is to run the distance from John O Goat to Lands End my mileage so far is down to 870.69 miles left to do 

No comments:

Post a Comment