Google calendar

Sunday 7 June 2015

The last few weeks



I had fun at the second Harrogate league race which was at Yeadon over near Leeds, we got to the cricket club where it was a 10min walk to the start, I did manage to talk to a few harriers before the race started then I never saw any harriers until I saw them back at the clubhouse queue for the food. Back to the race I couldn't remember doing this race so I thought it was out and back course but how wrong was I, there was more hills than I have had hot dinners. I did enjoy the race and every marshal I passed gave you encouragement. I finished around minute slower than when I had previously done the race. I was dehydrated on the Friday and then on Saturday I had no energy and felt rubbish so it works well to have a rest from running and the gym for a few weeks until I got better.

New workout

This new programme is about strengthening so I need to add a rep once I can do 3x10 and progress to 3x11 until I get to 20 reps of the 9 exercise. I tried it last week for the first time and had to change some of the weights because they were more than I could lift so I took it down to what I could lift there was few new exercises that I have never done before. I did a second session on Friday and hoped to go Sunday as well if nothing got in the way. So the new challenge is to get to the gym twice a week and stick to this new plan I might throw in a cardio session once a week

Shoulder press 14kg 3x10 27 29 30
Bench press 10kg bar 3x10 15 19 28
Lat pull down 33kg 3x11 30 33 33
Leg press 40kg 3x11 30 33 33
Leg curl/Ext 28kg 3x11 30 33 33
Triceps push 11.25kg 3x11 28 30 33
Calf raise 40kg 3x11 30 33 33
Squats 10kg 3x11 30 33 33



HDRSL Thirsk

The third race was at Thirsk so we set off at 7pm which made me happy because I didn't have to go into work early so I could catch the bus. We got to Thirsk around 7.15pm and all I had to do was change my trainers because I had already come ready. I set off for a jog/warm up to the start which was over a mile a way which was further than I thought I got there with 5 min to spare, said hello to a few members before the race started and it was a 2 laps on the flat I thought how boring could this be but I enjoyed the new course not the wind or the rain at the end. I surprised myself by doing a fast time which I wasn't expected to do as I haven't done much running over the last few months it must have been Jane on my tail for part of the second lap that made me go that little bit faster and not let her pass me only thing was my the end I had to dig deep as I had not much left in the tank all I can say about the next day I struggled to walk and felt tired all day




1 comment:

  1. Well done. Good to see you racing again. Tuesday was tough in the wind

    ReplyDelete