Google calendar

Sunday 29 November 2009

Double session with a PB

The week started with a double training session on Monday I went out in the morning for a 3 mile run around the flat course that I enjoy I did it in under 30 minutes, I am get faster. Then off to the club for more punishment in the evening, with the warm up as normal and then we did a side step pyramid started at 10 and go down to 1 this is meant to strengthen our butts. We did two sets of circuits, I was with Ken and Chris this week for a change I am getting better now I am not struggling with any of the exercises now and ken wouldn’t let me stop with the rest on Tuesday. I got up Wednesday morning and thought do I go out or not with it been the time trial on the night, so I went out and did some hill rep on Sandy Bank on the grass the first five were ok, then from the 6th to the 10th hill reps I felt like giving up and it was very tough on the legs but I managed to do 10 hill reps with a two minute rest in between each. I went off to the club to do more exercises and the time trial I am still doing 10 star jumps now and no more. We then ran down to Station Road as warm up. I set off feeling tired and with no energy I gave it a go and ran as fast as I could I passed Lydia and Pam on the way to train station I did it in about 9 minutes which was good for me, I over took Marian coming back out of the train station I then got in to a faster pace which surprised me and I expected Alan Wilkely to pass me on the way to the finish but he didn’t which I was happy about I did the second half of the race slighty faster but I still did a PB time of 17.37 I then was going to Thirsk on Thursday to do some painting for my mum and do the 4.9 mile run but my mum was not well so I went out with David for a 4.7 mile run around Romanby which took under 50 minutes I had a nice rest on Friday didn’t do any running what so ever I had to recover. I then went out for 8 mile run which took me around Romanby around Northallerton down to the swimming bath and back up Mowbary Roads around Ashland and back home in under 1hr 20minutes I kept going with out stopping and I enjoyed it. I was on duty at Thirsk 10 mile today (29/11/2009) I was helping out even though it was raining, I got wet feet there were 1100 hundred runners with mixed abilities. I enjoyed helping and giving my support to the other runners and I decided that I had been out in the cold and wet for 6hrs I had a rest. I have been out 4 times this week which took my running milage to 17.7 miles this week I have kept my mileage up on my bike.

week 4

Monday - Morning: 30 mins easy Evenings: Club - 3miles
Tuseday - Rest or Cross Train - rest
Wednesday - Morning: 36 mins 2 mins easy 4 mins fast x 6 Evening : Club - 10 hill reps - 2mile time trial
Thursday - 4 mile steady - 4.7
Friday - Rest or 40 mins steady - rest
Saturday - 8 miles steady - 8 mile
Sunday - Thirsk 10 duty - rest

No comments:

Post a Comment