Google calendar

Sunday 6 December 2009

Double speed session

The week started with a 3.5 mile run around Northallerton taking a slightly different route than normal. I did it in a slow time because of the road, I had to cross but I enjoyed the different route in the cold and rain. In the evining it was off to the club for more training, as the gym was taken up by exam tables we jogged down to the cycle path at the Flats to do some speed work we went the long way going via Gravel Hole Lane and down Sowerby Front Street as a warm up. We ran 10 (thousand miles) lamp posts walked two lamp posts we did 3 sets of 3 the first 2 sets were great but the last sets I was struggling and getting was more and more tired. I put this down to all the training that I am doing. Rest day on Tuesday. There was another double session on Wednesday with the same 3.5 mile run that I did on Monday before my brother came to see me at 10.30am. I then went to the club for more training (which I so enjoy) we did the warm as normal, I am still doing 10 star jumps and I am going to try and up to 12 next Wednesday. I nearly killed myself for a change we did 1 set of 4 minutes with 2 minutes rest and then 1 set of 7 minutes with no rest but with a minutes rest in between each minute I only managed to do 6 lengths this week I must be getting slow or else. I must stop doing all this extra training I am doing it affects the running at the club. I was planning on running with David on Thursday but because I went Christmas shopping with my mum I didn’t manage to get there for a run. Instead I went out by myself in the evening for 3.6 mile run changed the route again so I don’t get bored. I did it in 40 minutes which was bad in the cold and the rain. The only run I managed on Friday was down to the pub for my first Christmas dinner with the people from the charity shop where I volunteer and then on to the other pub afterwards I didn't get in until 1 am Saturday morning and did no running again on Saturday because I was feeling rough and tired. I was hoping to have done more miles this week ready for the cross country on Sunday which takes my running to 16.2 mile and 20 mile on the bike and two double sessions this week there was no long runs this week due to the cross country.

Monday - Morning: 30 mins easy Evenings:club speed work 3.5mile in the morning
Tuseday - Rest or Cross Train rest
Wednesday - Morning: 35 mins 2 mins easy 4 mins fast x 5 Evening : Club 3.5 mile
Thursday - 4 mile steady 3.6 mile
Friday - Rest or 40 mins steady rest
Saturday - 8 miles steady rest
Sunday - Cross Country 5.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment