Google calendar

Sunday 28 February 2010

Commondale Clart

The first problem of day was to get me out of the flat and to do the fell race because I was unsure about going today which made Pete Wilkin very unhappy. I then got in to the car were Pete and Noel took my mind off the race because they are both nutters and make you laugh. We got to the race I got registered and got my number and did a warm up, up this big hill and back down the hill. The race started with us going up this big hill which by the time I got to the grass section I was walking up the hill on to the top of the moors then I started to run again which was all up down hill over the moors where I fell over and slipped all the time on the mud going through big puddles of water all over the moor and have very wet feet by the end of the race and sinking in mud past my ankles in parts and I had to walk in places because conditions under foot were bad especially going across the stones and on a narrow path I never got lost and I did enjoy doing the fell race and will do more fell races over the year.
This is my 1st Fell Race that I have done since I joined Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers.
I did the race in 73.45.

No comments:

Post a Comment