Google calendar

Sunday 25 April 2010

No insole no training

The week started with me going to the club on Monday we did the normal winter warm up outside then we got into our groups where we did a speed session with a difference, we walked between the red and yellow corners, we then jogged between the yellow and blue corners and ran faster between the blue and red corners this all to do with us getting used to running at different speeds. We did this 10 times I ran around within my group they dropped out and I went with different group half way through. Rest on Tuesday. I put my insoles into the hospital to get them fixed so running was out for a few days, I still went to the club on Wednesday I thought I would give it a go and see how the feet were. I did the warm up with a jog around the track, then we were meant to do 4x1000 around the track, I only manage 2x1000 before my feet started to hurt so I stopped and did no more running until I got my insoles back. I couldn’t even go out with Lorraine on Thursday morning because I didn’t want to risk hurting my feet because the evening league are starting and I got into the Ripon 10 which is in a few weeks. I went out on Thursday night just for a 3 miles run around the route I like and not timing myself for a change. Rest on Friday. I was planning going on a run on Saturday night after been at the charity shop, I then got busy doing other things so I decided to do my speed session on Valley Road between the lampposts. I did a faster run down in 34s and a recovery jog as a warm up, I did 4 set of 2 which I ran faster down to the second lamppost and turned around with out stopping for a rest and I ran back to the first lamppost I was fast go down but slow come back by 4, 5, 6 second but I am enjoying the speed session more than doing the miles. I then went on Sunday morning for a 3.4 miles run around the town centre not timing myself again before I went down to my mums to do more work for her, I never seem to get a rest these days. Which takes my running to 6.4 miles and the count down to 852 miles

Valley road speed session

Warm up 34s

1st set

34s, 38s

2nd set

33s, 39s

3rd set

34s, 37s

4th 34s, 39s

Cool down 37s

week 15

Monday - Morning: 3 mile steady Evenings: Club
Tuesday - Rest or Cross Train – rest
Wednesday - Morning: 4 miles steady off road Evening : Club
Thursday - 4 mile steady – 3 miles
Friday - 4 mile steady - rest
Saturday - 3 mile steady – speed session
Sunday - 8 miles steady - 3.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment