Google calendar

Sunday 22 August 2010

The 5k session

The week started with me going to the club on Monday night. We did the warm up as usual with a few different exercises, such as high knee then we got in to the session. We ran down to the cone an then jogged back as recovery, we did 1 set of 10 I was with Ian Pat and Nigel, we ran to the middle cone and back, I did try and keep up with them but they are still too fast for me. I did enjoy been in that group because it pushed me to work harder on my running. Rest on Tuesday. Back to the club on Wednesday, Rob had course mapped out for us. I was in Nigel’s group where we did 10 laps with a 1 minute recovery, we took it in turns to be the front runner, we were averaging 2.42 with every lap apart from the lap where I was the front runner, I took 10 seconds off my first time and after that lap it felt like I had nothing left in the legs and we had another 4 to do which did complete in a slow time. I did enjoy the session even though Rob is trying to kill us again. I then had a rest on Thursday and I had to force myself out for run because I was that tired from been at work so I only managed 2 miles just around the town centre. I had rest on Saturday and did my 3.5 miles walk on Sunday which I do enjoy which take my running to 5.6 miles and the count to 751.5 miles

10 lap course

1 – 2.42
2 – 2.39
3 – 2.41
4 – 2.45
5 – 2.40
6 – 2.43
7 – 2.29
8 – 2.43
9 – 242
10 – 240

week 32

Monday - Morning: 3 mile steady Evenings: Club
Tuesday - Rest or Cross Train – rest
Wednesday - Morning: 4 miles steady off road Evening : Club
Thursday - 4 mile steady – rest
Friday - 4 mile steady – 2 miles run
Saturday - 3 mile steady – rest
Sunday - 8 miles steady – 3.5 miles walk

No comments:

Post a Comment