Google calendar

Sunday 30 January 2011

9 long miles

Week started with Rob taking the session because Sonja was away. We did the warm up as normal, then we got in teams of 2. We did running across the hall with 3 sets going up to 5 lengths on the 3rd set. Still on the warm up we got in to 4 groups and did over and under and twist with the basket ball and medicine ball for 10 minutes. Then did 3 sets of circuits working on our arms so we did exercises like the plank, press-ups and triceps dip which was real hard on the arms I enjoyed the session. I went out on Tuesday night for a 4 mile run to loosen the legs and get ready for the time trial on Wednesday night. I went to running on Wednesday night, I struggled with the circuit training and a few of the exercises such as triceps dip and the plank. When it came to the time trial I ran down to Tesco to the start, I wasn’t really looking forward to the time trial because I didn’t have any energy. But I surprised myself, I passed Marian before we got to the turn around point and thought OH MY GOD 9.30 to the station that was real good. Got to the last 200 yards and didn’t have anything left in my legs even though people were shouting me to do a sprint to the finish. I did 19.05 which was my best time. I went out on Thursday night for a 4 mile run around the trading estate and back home my legs weren’t stiff at all I did have a rest on Friday and Saturday. I went out for a 9 mile run on Sunday with 2 miles run around Ashland then 3 miles around the route I like and another 4 miles run around town and 1 mile run I can say that I didn’t enjoy the run as much today going around in circles but never the less I have to get the miles in if I want to do a good time in the marathon. My idea for next week is to keep me running at 4 miles and to up my long running by 2 miles every week until I get up to 21 miles and hope to get my weekly running to 6 miles. Which take my running to 20.5 mile and the miles so far to 45.2 miles no other exercise this week

week 4

Monday - Morning: 3 mile steady Evenings: Club
Tuesday - Rest or Cross Train – 4 miles run
Wednesday - Morning: 3 miles steady off road Evening : Club
Thursday - 3 mile steady – 4 miles run
Friday - 3 mile steady – rest
Saturday - 3 mile steady – rest
Sunday - 3 miles steady – 9 miles run

No comments:

Post a Comment