Google calendar

Sunday 9 January 2011

Back training

No training or running on Monday night and I was just getting over a very bad cold I was glad of the rest. I was happy to be back at Thirsk school training, as I haven’t done much over Christmas, would like to get fit for the London marathon. With no Rob on Wednesday night Sergeant Major Steve Booth took the session which was a very hard warm up with different exercises such as sit up, star jump and step up we then got into the session, we did 3x3 with 1 minute rest and 2 minutes in between each set which was really hard for me, I only managed 6 lengths in and my legs were so tired after 1 hour of training I then had rest on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I went out on Sunday afternoon for a speed session. I did a warm up to start and then a speed session between the lampposts on valley road, it was good to get out and run and then I went on the walking machine for 10 minutes because there was that much black ice around Northallerton I start my marathon training tomorrow for the next 14 weeks I would like to be doing around 30 miles a week and my aim is to do the marathon in 430-5hrs this year. With no miles this week there is none to count

Valley road speed session

1st 46 sec

2nd 45 sec

3rd 47 sec

4th 47 sec

5th 48 sec

week 1

Monday - Morning: 3 mile steady Evenings: - rest
Tuesday - Rest or Cross Train - rest
Wednesday - Morning: 3 miles steady off road Evening : Club
Thursday - 3 mile steady – rest
Friday - 3 mile steady – rest
Saturday - 3 mile steady – rest
Sunday - 3 miles steady – speed session

1 comment:

  1. Good to read your blog Phil. I've just training for a spring marathon, so I'll follow your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete