Google calendar

Sunday 20 March 2011

14.5 miles run

Week started with no running on Monday night I had a rest due to Alan's “flat” run on Sunday morning of 7 miles. I went out on Tuesday for a 3.2 mile run just around the town centre to loosen the legs. I went to the club on Wednesday night, we did the warm up as normal, I struggled again with some of the exercises such as star jump and the plank. With David away Rob took the second part of the session, we did 6x2 minutes with a 2 minutes rest and I struggled with my legs being stiff and just managed to do between 11½ to 12 laps which I was very pleased with. I went out on Thursday night for a 3 mile run just around the town centre which was a fast 3 miles. Rest on Friday. I did go out on Saturday night for a 3.5 mile run around the town centre which would loosen the legs and make me want to go out on Sunday morning for the long run. The 15 mile run on Sunday morning which would be 3 loops of 5 miles around Northallerton the first 5 mile run turned out to be 4.5 miles which was interesting, I then did 2x5 miles which felt good at 9.5 miles of the run I then did the last 5 miles which I struggled with because my legs started to stiffen up and I was getting tired but I did enjoy the run so I know I can do 15 miles easily enough. Now to do 20 miles next week some time but I won't be doing much running on Sunday because it the re-run of Thirsk 10 which take my running to 24.2 miles and the miles so far to 163.7 miles

week 10

Monday - 3.2 mile run
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - Evening : Club
Thursday - 3 miles run
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 3.5 miles
Sunday – 14.5 miles run

No comments:

Post a Comment