Google calendar

Sunday 3 April 2011

17½ miles running

The week starts with me going to the club on Monday night, we did the warm as usual. Sonja then gave us a number and we had to think of an exercise I couldn’t think of one until I asked Sonja and got an exercise. We then got in to circuits, we did 2 sets of circuits such as step ups and toilets exercise with the medicine ball keeping the back straight and bending the legs, then did some balancing exercises which I struggled with. I went out for a 3.5 miles running on Tuesday just around the town centre because I hadn’t been out for a run on Monday night. I then went down to the club on Wednesday night, I went out for a run with Alan, Jill and Ernie for a 4.8 mile run around Thirsk on the possible new evening league route which was great because I was running a lot faster and they all had to keep up with me. Jill and myself were going at a good speed and we left Alan and Ernie I did enjoy the run. Rest on Thursday I went for a run on Friday night for a fast 3.2 miles around Thirsk. Rest on Saturday. I went for a 17½ miles run that was 4 laps around the town centre which consisted of 2x5 miles, a 2.9 miles and 4.6 miles around Northallerton for the first 10 miles I was struggling I did have some power bar ride shot I then had a power bar gel at 10 miles and felt really good and it gave me enough energy to do 7.5 miles which I enjoyed more and was glad to finish and come home. I have enjoyed my marathon training so far even if it its just around town centre in Northallerton which takes my running to 29 miles and the miles so far to 203.2 miles

week 12

Monday - club
Tuesday – 3.5 miles
Wednesday - Evening : 4.8 miles
Thursday - rest
Friday – 3.2 miles
Saturday – rest
Sunday – 17.5 miles run

No comments:

Post a Comment