Google calendar

Tuesday 31 July 2012


The James Herriot Trail Race

I got up on Sunday morning intending to do the race but then decided I couldn’t be bothered because of a crap few days I had. So I didn’t turn up for my lift and thought they would just go to the race, that didn’t happen Lorraine and Fran turned up at my door and kicked my arse so I had no other choice than to go, I was very disorganised I forgot my watch and running jacket we got to the race with 30 minutes to spare enough time to get my number and get changed and ready to set off and it poured down but it fared up for our warm up or the chat I had before we started and some runners were surprised that I turned up to my first trail race in 6 years of running  We set off running through the village and started to climb the first of the 2 big hills I ran for about 1 miles then I walked up the rest of the hill until it was flat and then started running again, very good view over the moor with good track then a bit of a downhill section and then another very steep climb where the heavens opened up and the rain was so hard and so cold I so happy when the sun came out so I could dry out a bit because I was so cold when I was running up the big hill then I was happy when the downhill came but I don’t know which was bad going up or downhill because some of the downhill was very steep and very uneven in parts, I fell over twice and the second time been a big stone that I didn’t see I saw the finish at about 10k and thought good not far now not realising it was another 4k to finish and we zig-zagged down the grass track back to finish which I was so glad to get over the finish because my legs were so tired and it was very tough race but will do again next year 

No comments:

Post a Comment