Google calendar

Sunday 4 November 2012



The Time Trial

I went down to the club on Monday night as normal but we were training outside on the flats because the school was closed for half term so we did a warm up just long the cycle path with different exercises such as back flip and high knee then we got into the session where we had to do sprints down the cycle track (which was 0.15 miles one way) I did the first one as a  jog until Gavin shouted at me to put more effort in so on 2nd to the 7th sprint down and back up at one point I was running at 7.19 min miles I can honestly say my legs were goosed at the end of the speed session on our 8th sprint we just did a recovery jog and we still had 20 min left of the session. So we did some more speed work was Sonja trying to kill us???  I do wonder we had 1 min rest in between each set. I still had a bit of cold so didn’t want to overdo it so I only manage a 4 mile run on Tuesday around Northallerton. I went back the club on Wednesday, it was the Time Trial so we met at the Athletics club and I ran down with Lorraine which felt we were doing the time trial because she was going faster. So I got everyone in order and missed my spot so I ended up going at 6.30 min which made a change didn’t stop me putting effort in, I felt good on the way out and way back but the last 0.5 mile was hard felt like the road went forever my time was 10 sec slower than at the beginning of the year my time was 17.45. I had a rest on Friday from running just did some cycling. I went out on Friday and did 6miles around Northallerton on the footpath which is very interesting. I had another rest on Saturday from running and just did some cycling. I went out on Sunday morning for a 8 miles run around Northallerton doing a bit of road and on the footpath which made it more interesting trying to stay upright on the muddy part. I did win the challenge this month I came last but I won’t next month we have to do 100 miles of running and improve on 4 training session but there is a twist but I won’t tell cackleberry (Fran Jeffery) until 30th Nov. There is a prize if I win I will be buy Fran a Mac D and if she win I get a mars bar

No comments:

Post a Comment