Google calendar

Tuesday 18 June 2013

My first social run

With no Ken for the third Monday because he was still away and been tired from work I had a rest and did nothing. I got out on Tuesday night after work for a 3.7 miles run around Target Wood and back down Scholla Lane and home which was a nice evening and not too warm. I finally got to the club on Wednesday night for the first time in 2 weeks and I was happy to do something rather than rest all the time, we did a warm up as usual and then we did 5x4 min with 2 min rest in between each set, we started at the start for each 5 min and didn’t help when you are tired after work and the club coach telling you to put more effort in and try and get back to the marker or the start every time my legs knew they had ran after that session. No more running for the rest of the week until Sunday I did get out on my bike for a few miles after work on Friday

Sunday 10 miles training running

The message was put up on Facebook and comment where Fran made me or should I say she bullied me into going on her social run around Kilburn and Sutton Bank, I then put a comment on my Facbook saying if I get my arse up out of bed and get the train that will be a first but I will be coming. So I did manage to get the train as it was 3 min late so I was happy but nervous about how this 10 miles training run was going to go so I got picked up by Fran at the lay-by  at 9.30am so we were there first Bryan, Claire, Faith, Lorraine, Alan and Geoff  also turned up to this 10 miles training run we started just near the glider clubs car park along the road which was flattish that was the only bit the rest was either up or downhill over grass, undulates, getting stung by nettles but overall I did enjoy the training run and will go again if Fran organises another one this year I may even do some long runs with her as we are both training for a marathon. There is only one point I would like to make is that I am used to going out by myself and not in a group so this was all new to me and I did feel like I was holding the rest of the group up I did flag in the last mile and half as this is my first long since the London marathon so I was dead once I had finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment